I don't like flying on stand by and I certainly don't like having a baby on stand by.
We're scheduled for an induction starting tonight but it's not a firm induction date. I'm not expecting a phone call until this evening if even then. The office manager at my OB's said they could call at 1 am if that's the soonest they have room for us. It all depends on how busy the Labor & Delivery floor is.
There's even a chance they won't call us until Thursday.
So we wait. And we're hoping and praying Patches decides to get started on his own before we get the phone call from the hospital. If I show up in labor, then someone else will get bumped to a later induction.
We'll update when we know something.
And Life, Liberty and Happiness too! It's not an easy journey to becoming a family. This is the miscarriage/infertility turned success story in it's entirety. Check out our Bradley® Childbirth Classes
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
41 Weeks, 7 Days Over Due
Apparently Patches has no calendar in there. He's late, he's late, for a very important date!
The baby is doing great according to the tests on Monday. He's just too comfortable and cozy in there to come out on his own.
We're trying everything we can to encourage him to come on out. But nothing is working.
I'm not really miserable either. I feel huge and getting in and out of bed is difficult. But I'm not overly anxious to be induced. I'd rather Patches pick his own birthday so it's easier on all of us. But we'll have to deal with what we're given.
We're still on standby for an induction starting Wednesday night. The hospital will call when they have room for us. And then we'll make our phone calls, texts, and emails.
If you have any spare prayers or good thoughts, we would appreciate them.
Patches has two days to make his appearance on his own.
The baby is doing great according to the tests on Monday. He's just too comfortable and cozy in there to come out on his own.
We're trying everything we can to encourage him to come on out. But nothing is working.
I'm not really miserable either. I feel huge and getting in and out of bed is difficult. But I'm not overly anxious to be induced. I'd rather Patches pick his own birthday so it's easier on all of us. But we'll have to deal with what we're given.
We're still on standby for an induction starting Wednesday night. The hospital will call when they have room for us. And then we'll make our phone calls, texts, and emails.
If you have any spare prayers or good thoughts, we would appreciate them.
Patches has two days to make his appearance on his own.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Sorry for no update on Friday
I never updated from my Friday appointment. I was kind of tired of thinking and worrying about it.
NST and ultrasound was great. I didn't have an internal exam but the ultrasound tech said the baby had dropped quite a bit and was glad she didn't have to measure his head because it was so low in my pelvis.
We got them to actually schedule an induction on Wednesday night, Novemember 5. We have to wait for a phone call from Labor and Delivery until the hospital has room for us. It can be any time of the day or night. And if they are too busy it will be Thursday. But at least I don't have to lie about something being wrong with Patches to get in and we have a few more days to go naturally.
I have another NST scheduled for Monday am.
I've been having some lower cramping today but nothing regular. We'll continue doing our two mile walks every day and see what happens. Christopher has been feeding me lots of spicy foods trying to get something going.
So come on out, Mr. Patches!
NST and ultrasound was great. I didn't have an internal exam but the ultrasound tech said the baby had dropped quite a bit and was glad she didn't have to measure his head because it was so low in my pelvis.
We got them to actually schedule an induction on Wednesday night, Novemember 5. We have to wait for a phone call from Labor and Delivery until the hospital has room for us. It can be any time of the day or night. And if they are too busy it will be Thursday. But at least I don't have to lie about something being wrong with Patches to get in and we have a few more days to go naturally.
I have another NST scheduled for Monday am.
I've been having some lower cramping today but nothing regular. We'll continue doing our two mile walks every day and see what happens. Christopher has been feeding me lots of spicy foods trying to get something going.
So come on out, Mr. Patches!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
My "scheduled" induction
I had my Non Stress Test today. They put two monitors on my belly. One is for the fetal heartbeat and the other measures uterine contractions. I was instructed to push a button every time I felt the baby move. This is printed out on a paper strip for the doctor to look at.
I don't think Patches liked the monitor very much. He moved and rolled around A LOT! His heart beat would accelerate every time he started his gymnastic moves.
The OB said it was a great strip and the baby is looking fantastic.
The ultrasound estimates Patches at 8 lbs and 9 oz (just a little above normal) with a head circumference of 14 inches(average for a newborn.) He's definitely put on some weight since the last ultrasound. Probably all that halloween candy.
They wanted to schedule me to be admitted Sunday night for an induction for Monday but the hospital says they aren't accepting any more on their schedule until next Thursday. My OB doesn't want me to go that long over due.
So the office manager told me to go to the hospital Sunday night and tell them I'm over due and haven't felt the baby move for a while.
They'll run a NST and tell me everything is okay and then call my OB. At that point he's supposed to tell them to keep me and start an induction.
We're both really uncomfortable with lying to the nurses in labor and delivery.
One, I've lost two babies. I don't like saying something is wrong with this one! Two, if I lie, it's going to be pretty apparent if the baby has a great NST like today's. Then the nurse is going to know something fishy is going on. I'm sure this is a common practice that OB's use to get their patients in the hospital door.
I may call tomorrow and talk to the office manager about this some more.
I really hope Patches shows up sooner than Sunday night so this isn't a problem!
I have another NST on Friday with a quick ultrasound.
Pray Patches gets moving out!
I don't think Patches liked the monitor very much. He moved and rolled around A LOT! His heart beat would accelerate every time he started his gymnastic moves.
The OB said it was a great strip and the baby is looking fantastic.
The ultrasound estimates Patches at 8 lbs and 9 oz (just a little above normal) with a head circumference of 14 inches(average for a newborn.) He's definitely put on some weight since the last ultrasound. Probably all that halloween candy.
They wanted to schedule me to be admitted Sunday night for an induction for Monday but the hospital says they aren't accepting any more on their schedule until next Thursday. My OB doesn't want me to go that long over due.
So the office manager told me to go to the hospital Sunday night and tell them I'm over due and haven't felt the baby move for a while.
They'll run a NST and tell me everything is okay and then call my OB. At that point he's supposed to tell them to keep me and start an induction.
We're both really uncomfortable with lying to the nurses in labor and delivery.
One, I've lost two babies. I don't like saying something is wrong with this one! Two, if I lie, it's going to be pretty apparent if the baby has a great NST like today's. Then the nurse is going to know something fishy is going on. I'm sure this is a common practice that OB's use to get their patients in the hospital door.
I may call tomorrow and talk to the office manager about this some more.
I really hope Patches shows up sooner than Sunday night so this isn't a problem!
I have another NST on Friday with a quick ultrasound.
Pray Patches gets moving out!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Baby Eviction Notice
EVICTION NOTICE
Date: October 26, 2008
To: Mr. Patches
To the above tenant in possession of below described premises:
I am issuing a 3 day notice for EVICTION. You will have 3 days in which you can either gather your belongings and promptly vacate the premises, or wait until the final day. After which, you will be physically removed from the property.
You are being evicted due to breech of contract and destruction of property. Expansions only to the FRONT of the house, within reasonable limits, were discussed. Not only have these limits been exceeded, but additions to the back of the house were also made!
Remodeling and gutting of the home was never approved, nor was changing the initial layout and base structure. And due to property damage, there are now leaks in both the upper AND lower levels of the home. On top of which, the landlord has received numerous complaints about nightly disturbances.
After 3 days from this day that you don't comply with the notice will result in immediate and forceful removal at my discretion.
Thank you for your cooperation
Love,
Mommy
Thursday, October 23, 2008
39 Weeks And Running Out of Time!
I'm 2 cm dilated now and the baby has dropped a little to -2 station. I've been having a few cramps. So that's good news, a little more progress.
I have to go back to the doctor on Monday and we'll talk induction. Tuesday is my due date.
I really don't want the induction but the doctor keeps saying the baby is big and wants to induce before he gets even bigger. All he's doing is measuring the fundal height (tape measure to the belly). He's not feeling the baby or looking at the ultrasounds. I've gained 22 lbs.
The ultrasounds keep showing the baby in the 50% percentile, not big at all, just average. I'm a little frustrated because the fundal height could be bigger in part because I have a lot of amniotic fluid (high normal) according to the ultrasound.
The OB said that the ultrasounds could be up to 30% off so that doesn't mean anything. Well, the baby has measured on time or slightly behind at every single scan starting at 7 weeks. He's always been in the 50% range and that's been 5 different sonogram machines and 5 different techs.
The last scan Patches measured two days behind his Estimated Due Date and only 6 lbs 5 oz. That's only 7.5 to 8 lbs by my due date.
When I asked if we could do an Non Stress Test before we scheduled the induction, the OB said he wouldn't be the pregnancy police. But at the same time I think he's going to pressure us to schedule the induction. I understand not wanting to wait until I'm a week late but I want a few more days to get this baby out.
I have an appointment on Monday afternoon for acupuncture. I've been working the exercise ball and we went walking this afternoon at the mall. Maybe that will get something going!
I have to go back to the doctor on Monday and we'll talk induction. Tuesday is my due date.
I really don't want the induction but the doctor keeps saying the baby is big and wants to induce before he gets even bigger. All he's doing is measuring the fundal height (tape measure to the belly). He's not feeling the baby or looking at the ultrasounds. I've gained 22 lbs.
The ultrasounds keep showing the baby in the 50% percentile, not big at all, just average. I'm a little frustrated because the fundal height could be bigger in part because I have a lot of amniotic fluid (high normal) according to the ultrasound.
The OB said that the ultrasounds could be up to 30% off so that doesn't mean anything. Well, the baby has measured on time or slightly behind at every single scan starting at 7 weeks. He's always been in the 50% range and that's been 5 different sonogram machines and 5 different techs.
The last scan Patches measured two days behind his Estimated Due Date and only 6 lbs 5 oz. That's only 7.5 to 8 lbs by my due date.
When I asked if we could do an Non Stress Test before we scheduled the induction, the OB said he wouldn't be the pregnancy police. But at the same time I think he's going to pressure us to schedule the induction. I understand not wanting to wait until I'm a week late but I want a few more days to get this baby out.
I have an appointment on Monday afternoon for acupuncture. I've been working the exercise ball and we went walking this afternoon at the mall. Maybe that will get something going!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
38 Weeks
Christopher was able to go to this appointment since he just happened to be off work that day.
When we got there, I noticed the lights in my doctor's exam rooms were all off. That's a bad sign, meaning he's not there.
When I came back out from giving the standard urine sample, (gotta love peeing in a cup 9 months pregnant but that's another story) the receptionist told me that my OB was in surgery and would not be back that morning.
We ended up waiting about an hour and a half when the ultrasound tech called us back instead of a nurse. I was surprised since we just had a scan the week before. The ultrasound tech told us that since the midwife was running so far behind, that she would do a scan to get the baby's heart rate. Who could turn down a free ultrasound?
She got a healthy heart rate of 133 bpm. She confirmed that the baby was still head down and showed us a the baby's face. She showed us his abdomen was moving in and out which is how he was practicing his breathing.
Then she moved the wand up by my ribs and found his little foot. It was so cute on the screen. That's what has been kicking me in the ribs! He also had his hand down there too like he'd been grabbing his foot.
The first picture is a profile of his foot, toes pointing to the right.

The second picture is the bottom of his foot, you can see all 5 toes.
We finally got to see the midwife a little later. She confirmed that I was still at 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The baby is still at -3 station. She said that's a great place to be at 38 weeks.
So we wait for Patches to pick his birthday!
When we got there, I noticed the lights in my doctor's exam rooms were all off. That's a bad sign, meaning he's not there.
When I came back out from giving the standard urine sample, (gotta love peeing in a cup 9 months pregnant but that's another story) the receptionist told me that my OB was in surgery and would not be back that morning.
We ended up waiting about an hour and a half when the ultrasound tech called us back instead of a nurse. I was surprised since we just had a scan the week before. The ultrasound tech told us that since the midwife was running so far behind, that she would do a scan to get the baby's heart rate. Who could turn down a free ultrasound?
She got a healthy heart rate of 133 bpm. She confirmed that the baby was still head down and showed us a the baby's face. She showed us his abdomen was moving in and out which is how he was practicing his breathing.
Then she moved the wand up by my ribs and found his little foot. It was so cute on the screen. That's what has been kicking me in the ribs! He also had his hand down there too like he'd been grabbing his foot.
The first picture is a profile of his foot, toes pointing to the right.

The second picture is the bottom of his foot, you can see all 5 toes.
We finally got to see the midwife a little later. She confirmed that I was still at 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. The baby is still at -3 station. She said that's a great place to be at 38 weeks.
So we wait for Patches to pick his birthday!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)