Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday 05.25.07

Friday, May 25, 2007
Dr S calls me at 9:30 am. He had promised that someone would call me before the long weekend.First thing out of his mouth is, "Congratulations, you are officially pregnant." My beta number had doubled from 337 to 712. I was a little concerned that it wasn't higher since the draws were more than 48 hours apart. When I asked, Dr S said,"Stop worrying. It's perfect!" :)He transferred me to the front desk to make my next appointment. They will see me June 11. I'll be 7 weeks. They would have gotten me in a week earlier but I wanted to make sure that if we did an ultrasound, the heart beat should be visible. At just 6 weeks even it might not have been. They didn't promise an u/s but just in case, I'm going to plan and plot!Once you see the heart beat on the u/s the miscarriage rate drops to about 5%. I'd really like to see the heartbeat. It can't be heard on a doppler until sometime after 10 weeks.

No comments: