Thursday, May 24, 2007

Second Beta Draw

Thursday, May 24, 2007
We had to take a day off from work to get my levels checked. Dr S really wanted me to do this.Chris went with me this time. I think being in the office freaked him out a little. At least he saw other dads to be there too.While the tech took my blood she let me look over the previous levels. Progesterone 49.4HCG 337Progesterone level is high according to her. The HCG level looks good to my untrained eye. But it really matters if it doubles or not.Chris and I are getting ready to go back to work. I hear his phone ring upstairs. Next thing I know he's running down the stairs saying, "She's right here. Do you want to talk to her?"It's Dr S on the phone. He told me that my hormone levels looked good. That normally when the progesterone levels are that high, the pregnancy is successful. He sounds very happy for us but there's some caution as we need today's bloodwork to come back. He's excited that he got to make a "good" call. Normally he gets stuck with the sad calls and the nurses take the easy ones. I really like this doctor :) He tells me to listen to my voicemail. I had my phone off since I went to the appointment earlier. Lesson learned: Keep the phone on at all times! This is important stuff.Chris and I listen to the voicemail. Dr S doesn't give specifics but he says over and over that he has good news for us. Yes, indeed. GOOD NEWS!

No comments: