Monday, February 25, 2008

Pregnancy: Take 3, Scene 3: Beta

I got the phone call! I knew it was good news when the blood draw nurse called me with the results and not my RE or her nurse.


The beta went from 104 to 1105.

Progesterone went from 24.8 to 45.29



Thank God! I'm so excited!

My beta had a doubling time of 35.2 hours over the course of 5 days.
Beta numbers should double every 48-72 hours. You can have a perfectly healthy pregnancy that doubles closer to 72 hours. My first pregnancy had a doubling time of only 66.7 hours. It's reassuring to see mine double quickly this time.

When the blood draws are over 48 hours you can use one of these two doubling calculators:
Betabase Calculator or Just mommies' Calculator



We have an u/s scheduled on 3/10 so I'm praying we get a strong heartbeat. I'll be 6 weeks and 6 days at that time. We may actually get an October baby out of this! :)

No comments: