Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Something going on here....

The hospital hasn't called yet to bring me in for my induction even though I'm supposed to be on the schedule tonight. I'm hoping this is the real thing so we can avoid the induction and go on our own!

I've had contractions for the past 2.5 hours. When I started timing them they were 5-6 minutes apart but only 30 seconds long. They are still about 5 minutes apart and now close to 60 seconds long. I also have a backache that keeps coming and going.
We've been walking that entire time. They aren't really super painful yet as I can continue to walk through them.

I just called my doula and she suggested that I lay down to see if the contractions continue. If I fall asleep, that's good so I can get some rest. If this is real labor, I probably still have a long way to go yet. Most first time labors average 15-16 hours long.


I'd appreciate any spare prayers and good thoughts! Hopefully Patches will be born tomorrow!

2 comments:

Kristin (kekis) said...

C'mon baby boy --- get it goin' on in there!

I'm thinking of you and praying for you, Tracy! (actually, all three of you) Email me if you can. I'm here for you like you have been for me.

I can't wait to see your precious angel!

~K~

Dorette said...

Hi! delurking to say: Good luck! Thinking of you and saying prayers all the way from South Africa