Tuesday, November 27, 2007

IUI...no one came to the party

Dead sperm again. There was 18 MIL with 44% motility pre wash.

Post wash number of sperm inseminated: 3.8 MIL with 90 % motility.
Forward progression 2+

They like to see 10 million post wash. I know it's better than nothing, but crap. Not what I wanted to see. I wanted to cry on the table but kept my tears inside. The nurse tried to make it sound better by saying the 90% motility was great. Well there's not very damn many of them. And the forward progression isn't awesome. It's close/within normal range. 2.5 FP would have been better. I guess this was in between 2.0-2.5.

And the IUI hurt like a MFer. It hurt more than any other procedure that I ever had. More than the SHG, HSG, Uterus lining biopsy, copo with biopsy. She asked me if it was hurting really bad and I couldn't speak. I could only breathe.
Prior to the IUI, the nurse asked me to empty my bladder. I read on T-TTC that a full bladder can make it less painful to put the catheter through the cervix. Next time I'm not going to pee!

And yeah, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a next time.

And next cycle I want Chris to do another Semen Analysis prior to the Clomid and IUI. I want to make sure his levels are back up before we try this stunt again.
Also I want to make sure he doesn't have an infection and a lot of white blood cells in the semen.

A fever could impact sperm for up to 3 months since it damages the immature sperm in the testes too. Sperm take 3 months to mature. So in 3 months there will be a fresh crop of sperm that weren't exposed to the fever.
There's so sense wasting our time off and money. This is too expensive OOP on top of us both losing complete days of work with no pay.

What a fricking time to get a cold. Chris ever the tough guy, had refused to take the Tylenol Cold medicine. It could have helped with the damn fever on Sunday. Maybe it would have broke sooner.

Post IUI, I'm still a little crampy and bloated. I was bloated feeling prior though so it may just be my ovaries all out of joint from working so hard.

I feel like those four potential eggs are all lonely right now. No one came to the party. Crap. Now I'm crying. :(

4 comments:

Tamara said...

I'm sorry. Don't lose hope yet though! Take care!

E. said...

I have been so out of the loop with things and didn't realize you guys were going through all of this now!

I'm sooooo sorry!! Don't lose hope! I'll definitely be praying for you guys!

Joy said...

I'm so sorry, honey.. I'll pray for a miracle!

Me said...

I find IUIs to be painful as well...

I don't go there much (b/c I think the board scrolls to fast) but I decided to peek in on the TTTC board on The Nest tonight and thought I would wander over this way and peruse your blog...